Saturday night I got an email asking if I could help drive our church teens down to Camp Benaiah today for a week of camp. I was thankful for the opportunity to do it because I believe in camp ministry.
Here are some of the reasons why…
1. Young people have fun at camp.
2. Old people act young at camp.
3. Young people slow down at camp.
4. Relationships are built and strengthened at camp.
5. Character is revealed at camp.
6. Convictions are tested at camp.
7. Young people get marinated in God’s Word at camp.
8. The world to grows “strangely dim” as young people “turn their eyes upon Jesus” at camp.
9. Lives are transformed at camp.
Life on planet blog
I reckon this link section needs a more permanent title. Right now I’m leaning toward “Life on planet blog.” I may change my mind.
- If you want to understand how Generation F (as in facebook) thinks, this post is an excellent overview.
- Eight common problems in evangelism… and suggested solutions. HT
- Theology Central: Pastor Nathan Hitz dedicates a full service each month to the public reading of Scripture. HT
- Would you trade that gadget for a soul?
And now for the substance of my weekly posts…