As you may have guessed, blogging segment 8 has come to a close and a new team is being assembled for the next segment. I’m very thankful for those who’ve invested to write during segment 8 and have been benefited by their writing.
Since we’ve got a break, I figured I would take the chance to try to empty my links folder. I’ve got a few built up over recent months.
- First, a helpful post by Bob Bixby: Should I blog?
- And then another post by Bob Bixby. This one is sobering. The Legacy of Spiritual Abuse in Fundamentalism and the “Numb Symbiosis”
“I am sure that as soon as I say the words ‘spiritual abuse’ our default reaction is to close our minds to the proposed subject because we have rightly become suspicious of the culture of blame that permeates every aspect of our society.”
- The Parable of the Boat: Illustrating Differences Between Pelagianism, Semi-Pelagianism, Eastern Orthodoxy, Roman Catholicism, Arminianism, and Calvinism. Short and understandable.
- Want to have your view of the historical debate between Calvinism and Arminianism blown out of the water? Survey: Are You an Arminian and Don’t Even Know It? Published by the Society of Evangelical Arminians.
- Finally, Justin Taylor takes a fascinating look at the relationship between Billy Graham and Bob Jones, Sr.
Jones: “Billy, if you leave and throw your life away at a little country Bible school, the chances are you’ll never be heard of.”
That’s it for now.
Grace to you.