We were going through intense trials for a while and then I started feeling some physical symptoms that concerned me so I went to see the doctor…..and then another one.
The two doctor’s diagnosis was that I have DEPRESSION!!
Both prescribed antidepressants. One of them (the female doctor?) suggested that I go to the Gym via the internet, at my own comfort in my own home! MoodGym http://moodgym.anu.edu.au
It is a website where you exercise your thought life and eliminate any warped thinking. I found it to be very interesting.
One important fact they keep on stressing is that what you think will determine what you feel!
Below is an excerpt:
Why do you feel the way you do
Let’s start with why you might feel bad.
According to Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, people feel emotionally bad for three reasons:
• They have a negative view of themselves as people;
• They interpret experiences in a negative and biased way; and
• They have a negative view of the future – they expect everything to continue the way it is.
If this is true, this might also mean that happy people feel happy for the following reasons:
• They have a positive view of themselves as people;
• They interpret experiences in a positive and unbiased (or even positively biased) way; and
• They have a positive view of the future; they expect everything to continue the way it is.
Isn’t it wonderful that we have an older, most accurate, most dependable MoodGym in His Word?
“For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he.”
“Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things”
“Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.”
Would going to the regular Gym protect you from sickness?
Would thinking right and trusting the Lord protect you from getting hurt emotionally?
For the record I am not taking the antidepressants and I thank the Lord that my physical symptoms are gone as well.